Any wedding is a ceremony where people stick to old-fashioned traditions. As a guest I was invited to visit few weddings and at every ceremony I had to take the floor because according to my friends’ opinion I am good at making remarkable speeches full of hilarious wedding toast quotes and jokes. It is true, I was always confident enough to make jokes in public but wedding speeches are not just about spilling funny moments of a bride or a groom’s lives; they require practice and a secret weapon to use. My friends don’t know I use advices from the special literature found on the website Wedding Speeches For All prompting how to become the best wedding speaker and below I will spill few recommendations I found out from these books.
When I was invited to take part in a wedding ceremony as a bridesmaid I was pretty much scared of public performance and the necessity of telling a speech with witty toast jokes was terrifying. But thanks to the awesome books written by the professional speech writer Belinda Hamilton I managed to cope with my fear and make a good speech with appropriate and sincere wedding toast quotes. The most useful advice I learned is that confidence is the key to the successful public performance of a speech with wedding toast quotes.
I also found out that a good wedding speech is not about a challenge or a sort of a competition, as many guests at a wedding usually think. Any wedding toast should eventually become a combination of witty jokes, congratulations and blessings.
The best way to success in making a speech is to use simple and sincere words. Uniqueness can be easily achieved by simplicity, you may include into your speech or toast famous quotes about marriage or love but do not make your speech basing on them. Besides this recommendation in those books were also given few advices how to deliver appropriately a toast or a speech at a wedding:
1) Do not act like a preacher. Try to make your speech emotional and short. It will be more polite to cut your speech to 5 minutes because if there are a lot of guests they will definitely have desire to make speeches too.
2) Never deliver your wedding toast while sitting. Stand up to show your respect and make yourself noticeable.
3) Make sure everyone has full glasses before taking the floor for toasting. It will be awkward if you start to make your speech with witty wedding toast quotes and some guests will have empty glasses.
4) Do not forget to mention in what relationship you are with a bride or a groom. If there are plenty of guests at wedding they may not know you.
5) Do not be ashamed to mention funny stories about a bride or a groom in your speech. Surely, do not deliver vulgar or embarrassing moments, but adding few appropriate jokes can become a perfect development of your toast.
6) If there are children in the same room where the toast are delivered, make sure your speech is PG rated. Adding funny but not offensive jokes is your aim to achieve while writing a speech.
7) Do not mention during your toast any past relationships of a bride or a groom. This will make your speech awkward which may ruin the spirit of the Big Day for a just married couple.
Try to finish your speech with serious and sincere congratulations and blessings. Leave jokes for the beginning of your toast.
And at last the main rule to remember while making a speech – be yourself, open and sincere and people will definitely estimate your efforts.