I was honored to be the best man at four weddings during the last two years, because I have a lot of friends and they find me a good speaker who is capable to write a toast with perfectly fitting wedding speech jokes. Well, I can’t say they are wrong but the truth is I don’t write all my speeches on my own, I use the specific websites, like Wedding Speeches For All, where I find ideas for my stunning wedding funny toasts. The authors of the books offered at this website give really helpful recommendations for rookies who have no idea how to use in their toasts jokes.
Before sharing my personal experience and advices I learned from those useful sources I would like to explain the necessity of including into a toast jokes. A joke is an inevitable part of any speech or toast, no matter of the occasion. Even during eulogy speeches people tell jokes in memory of a passed away friend or relative. Surely, a wedding is more appropriate ceremony where the best men, bridesmaids and other guests delivering toasts have to cheer up the audience and make a just married couple laughing and that is why wedding speech jokes will be appropriate. I insist on adding to any toast a joke, even if a person who asks my advice is not quite a comedian. However, adding a funny joke is not enough, delivering a humorous speech is a kind of art and you need to know few secrets to become a master.
To deliver effectively wedding toast jokes you are to follow simple rules:
1) Know your audience. Do not include vulgar jokes if you see there are a lot of children and elderly people among invited guests. Save yourself and bride with a groom from embarrassment.
2) Do not include into your speech jokes about the first wedding night and similar comments. Make your jokes light.
3) Ask the audience the questions about a groom in a form of a joke. But do this only if you are sure the guests will support in your light mocking.
4) You can accent on a joke about how a bride and a groom met one another, especially if it hides a really funny story. Make a just married couple laughing and being sentimental at the same time.
5) Never deliver hurtful wedding speech jokes. Do not spill insults even if you know a bride and a groom will find them funny. Remember about the other guests in a room, so forget about laughing at politics, religion, sexual orientation or race themes.
6) Try to stay calm and natural. If your jokes are not funny for all guests they will still laugh in a case of your interesting performance manner. Have fun while delivering a toast and others will follow your cheerful mood.
7) Never force people to laugh. Do not repeat or explain the same joke and do not ask the questions like “Did you get it?” If after your joke there comes silence, smile confidently like everything goes according to the plan and then to continue delivering your toast. Save your face and deliver jokes from your heart to succeed.
Confidence is the most important element of any wedding toast or speech delivery, especially when you include into your speech some jokes. Remember about that and you will get audience’s appreciation.